Before you start
Ensure the following:
You are using a Chrome Browser.
You have a Polkadot wallet chrome extension installed.
You have the required amount of DOT you wish to contribute in your Polkadot wallet (chrome extension) plus an amount for gas fees.
You have a MetaMask wallet.
Install Polkadot wallet
1.Go to the Chrome Store and access the Polkadot Wallet
- Click 'Add to Chrome'.
- Ensure you follow master seed best practices and back up your master seed SECURELY offline.
- Generate a secure password and create your wallet.
- Give your wallet a name and select ‘Any Chain'
Transfer DOT to your Polkadot wallet
Wallets to use to transfer Polkadot
You can use Polka Wallet, Trust Wallet, Fearless Wallet, Polkadot.js to send KSM to your extension wallet.
Connect your wallet to the Polkadot Account App to view your balance or make a transfer to another account.
Open the top left menu
- select the 'Polkadot' network
- click 'Switch' to change to it (if required).
- You can then view your balance and/or make a transfer if required.
Connect your wallet
Visit Ankr Staking and click Stake.
Locate the Stake DOT box and click Stake in it.
Polkadot.js walletpops up requesting 'authorization' to connect to Ankr Staking. Click to allow access.
Stake your DOT
The DOT Staking Dashboard opens.
To stake, click the '+' icon.
Select the desired amount to stake and click Stake.
Your Polkadot.js wallet pops up requesting authorization. Click to authorize if you wish to proceed.
The Staking Dashboard updates to reflect your staked amount.
Claim Liquid aDOTb Tokens
Click 'Connect' to connect to an EVM Wallet e.g. MetaMask
Select your Wallet type and connect.
Authorize your Ethereum Wallet
Authorize your Polkadot Wallet
This enables access to aDOTb Tokens. Successful addition to your wallet is indicated by your Ethereum Wallet updating with aDOTb tokens. You are now free to utilize your aDOTb on other DeFi Platforms.
If you don't see your aDOTb balance
If you don't see the balance in your wallet, do the following:
- Visit Ankr Staking Dashboard
- Find your staked token, click the three-dot menu, and click Copy token address.
- Insert the token address directly into your wallet (e.g. MetaMask).