We're going to explain bridging, using ankrETH (ex-aETHc).
- Visit Ankr Bridge (opens in a new tab) and choose ankrETH.
- Enter the desired ankrETH amount to bridge and click Approve to allow Ankr Bridge smart contracts to bridge for you.
- Confirm your approval in MetaMask.
- Click get ankrETH to send ankrETH to the destination network.
- Confirm bridging ankrETH in MetMask. We recommend choosing the high fee value for faster transaction mining time.
- Keep the page open, do not navigate away or close the tab. Ankr Bridge shows you the sending progress. Wait till the cross-chain transaction successfully finishes.
- Once the tokens are bridged, click Switch to Binance SmartChain to receive them on the destination network.
- Confirm switching networks.
- Connect your wallet if asked, choosing MetaMask.
- Click Receive to receive ankrMATIC on the destination network by clicking Receive. A gas fee applies.
- Confirm receiving ankrMATIC in MetaMask.
- Click Add ankrMATIC to wallet to add the bridged tokens to MetaMask.
You can also see the transaction in the explorer by clicking the go-to button next to the transaction hash.
If something failed along the way after #5, see the Finish Bridge section below.
The Finish Bridge functionality allows you to get back to the bridging process if anything fails.
The bridging process may fail due to:
- Navigating away from the Bridge page anytime during the process.
- Closing the page anytime during the process.
- Ankr Bridge failures due to network instability and other possible issues.
If the process failed anywhere before #5 from Bridge ankrMATIC, no action is needed. Just start bridging again.
If the process failed at #5 or later:
- Open your wallet, find and copy the transaction ID from the Deposit operation.
- Visit Ankr Bridge (opens in a new tab).
- Click Finish Bridge.
- Paste the deposit transaction ID in the form and click Proceed bridge.
- Check that it brought you to the Sending progress page, then continue from #6 in the Bridge ankrMATIC instructions above.