You have two options when unstaking:
- Standard unstake — up to 7–15 days before you receive your funds, but no commission or limits.
- Flash unstake — instant release of your funds, 0.5% commission, and unstake limits dictated by the current capacity of the flash-unstake pool.
Standard unstake can take up to 7–15 days until your funds are released to your wallet.
This is because of the BNB Chain restriction, where the processing time of an unstaking transaction is 7 days.
- Because of this restriction, Ankr has to accumulate all unstaking transactions from users in a pool.
- Once every 24 hours, Ankr checks any of the 5 available validators are free, i.e. are not processing a pending unstaking transaction.
- When such validator is found, Ankr sends it an unstaking transaction with the amount equal to the aggregate of all the user transaction since the last Ankr unstaking transaction.
- This Ankr transaction takes 7 days to be processes, which is the BNB Chain unbond time period.
- After the unbond time period ends, Ankr receives the unstaked funds and redistributes them to the users.
Flash unstake uses a pool to swap your Liquid Staking tokens for your original assets, which means instant release of your funds.
While it offers instant release of your funds, it poses a few limitations:
- You have to pay a flash-unstake fee, which is 0.5% of the amount you're unstaking.
- Your unstake is limited by the current capacity of the flash-unstake pool. If you exceed it, the interface switches to the standard unstake with its regular release time.
Unstaking large amounts
Large amounts may be split when unstaked:
- With the flash unstake, the pool's capacity may not be sufficiently large at the moment of your unstake, and you'll be switched to the standard unstake interface.
- With standard unstake, it may be split into several parts, but all the parts that constitute the unstaked amount will be released to your account within the 7–15 days period.
Ensure you have a small amount of BNB to pay the Binance gas fee for your unstaking transaction.
Flash unstake is coming soon as a feature along with the documentation.
- Open Ankr Staking Dashboard (opens in a new tab).
- Locate the ankrBNB box and click the - icon to unstake.
- Choose Standard unstake, enter the desired amount, and click Approve to allow Ankr Staking smart contracts to access this amount.
- Confirm your approval in MetaMask.
- Click Unstake to unstake the desired amount.
- Confirm the unstaking transaction in MetaMask.
- On the next Unstake in progress page, click Go to dashboard.
Once transaction is confirmed, Ankr Staking Dashboard updates to show Unstaking in progress at the token box.