At Ankr, we treat our user's privacy with the utmost respect. We cherish the credit of trust you put in us. And we stand guard keeping your information secure and confidential.
"Let us be clear – we do not rent, sell, or trade any Personal Information." — Stanley Wu, CTO.
Ankr is a close group of like-minded people from all over the World united by the goal of helping anyone build products using top-notch Web3 infrastructure and technology. From the legal standpoint, we refer to Ankr Inc., its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, and agents collectively as “Ankr” (or "Company", or "we", or “us”).
We consider anyone who visits our Platform, uses our products and services or becomes our official client to be our user. We don't differentiate: you've come to us — we respect your privacy!
By the user interaction with Ankr, we imply the use of the Platform.
Public Services consist of publicly available Web3 infrastructure accessed on a free, permissionless, basis. It requires no registration with us or on the Platform, which means less information collected to provide such services.
Premium Services are the paid services accessible on a permissioned basis. Your subscription to any Premium Services will be subject to a separate written agreement, which requires us to collect certain information that helps facilitate payment for and communication about your Premium Services, fulfill our contract with you, and otherwise support our provision of the paid-for Premium Services.
- On the Platform.
- In email, text, or other electronic messages between you and us.
- Through the apps downloaded from the Platform.
It does not apply to Personal Information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means or websites operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries) that is not a part of the Platform.
- Any third party through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform.
Here, we continue investigating all the questions that might arise information-wise: what info we collect or you provide us with, how we use your info, how you can edit it, is it safe with us, and under what circumstances can we disclose it.
Depending on whether you are purchasing a Premium Service or using a free Public Service offering, you may choose to provide some or all of the following types of Personal Information:
- Email address or organization name.
- Filling in forms on the Platform (upon registering to use the Platform or subscribing to our service). Also refers to the information we may ask you to provide when you report a problem with the Platform.
- Records and copies of correspondence and other communications you choose to direct to us.
- Payment information you use to pay for a Premium Service.
The following technical information, some of which may be capable of association with individual users or devices (“Ephemeral Activity Data”) may be collected from any user:
- IP address (used to infer general location (city or zip code) on an anonymous basis), and other unique identifiers associated with your devices or browsers.
- Device and system information, such as your operating system version and network information.
- Information about transactions you conduct through or on the Platform (associated API key information, etc.).
- Usage activity about how you view and interact with the Platform.
We use information collected from you or provided to us, including any Personal Information, in the following ways:
- To present the Platform and our products or services to you.
- In the case of Ephemeral Activity Data, solely to facilitate improvement or optimization of the Platform (to optimize latency and quality of service, to anonymously monitor web traffic patterns and generate related, non-identifiable data used to improve quality of service, to prevent DDoS or other malicious attacks on the Platform, to respond to customer-service requests by applicable Premium Service customers, etc.).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us (including for billing and collection).
- To notify you about changes to the Platform, our Website, or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For any other purpose with your express consent.
Sure you can. Email a request at firstname.lastname@example.org
Where applicable, you can review and change your Personal Information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also email us at email@example.com to request access to, correct, or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. But note that we can delete your Personal Information only by deleting your user account.
We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We are doing our best for it to be safe.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The information you provide is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depend on you. You are responsible for keeping your Platform's password or other private data secure and confidential. We urge you to be careful about sharing any such information with anyone.
We may — in certain cases.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose such information:
- To comply with any court order, applicable law, or enforceable legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- In connection with the sale or contemplated sale of the company, its assets, or a portion thereof.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Ankr, our customers, or others.
We will not correlate or associate Ephemeral Activity Data for the purpose of identifying or tracking you.
At no time during our collection or use of provided information do we link, correlate, or otherwise cause to be associated any non-technical identifying information you provide with any Ephemeral Activity Data that we automatically collect upon your interaction with the Platform.
That is also true for any piece of Ephemeral Activity Data (for example, Internet Protocol (IP) addresses) — at no time do we link, correlate, or otherwise cause to be associated such data with any other piece of Ephemeral Activity Data for purposes of identifying, tracking, or profiling you.
Ephemeral Activity Data is “anonymized” as soon as is practicable upon receiving it — to further prevent any such association.
We automatically delete Ephemeral Activity Data within thirty (30) days of its collection.
Unless we notify you on the need to retain certain data, we will automatically delete any and all Ephemeral Activity Data within thirty (30) days of its collection. This practice reflects the fact that Ankr only uses Ephemeral Activity Data to facilitate and optimize users’ access to the Platform and to generate anonymized web traffic analysis that we use to improve the performance of the services we provide the users with.
Here, we continue investigating our privacy practices regarding particular groups of people: children under age 13, residents of California, and non-U.S. residents.
The Platform is not intended for children under 13 years of age.
No one under age 13 may access or provide any information to or on the Platform.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received Personal Information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
If you are the parent or guardian of a child under 13 and believe we have inadvertently collected information about your child, please contact us immediately at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Residents of California can obtain certain info about the types of personal information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have the right to obtain certain information about the types of personal information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship (and that are not otherwise exempt) have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties.
If you are a California resident, and you wish to opt out; or you wish to request certain information regarding our disclosure of your Personal Information to third parties for the direct marketing purposes, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
However, please note that we do not currently sell data, nor do we share information with third parties in any way that would trigger the statute’s opt-out requirements.
The applicable privacy laws may vary from your local ones.
The servers used in connection with the operation and use of the Platform are operated in the United States and elsewhere.
Please be aware that certain information may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the Platform, you hereby consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere.
If we make substantial changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information for purposes you've not consented to, we will notify you by email specified in your account.